AVP is pleased to announce the release of MDQC 0.4! MDQC is a free, user-friendly tool that allows you to perform automated quality control of embedded metadata. Using ExifTool and MediaInfo, MDQC parses the metadata from collections of files and compares it to specifications and rules that are defined by you.
In this version we have incorporated additional functionalities that allow the user to further refine filtering in order to provide more control over the scanning process. These new functionalities are:
- Ability to identify specific files for QC via CSV file containing filenames/base filenames, and
- Ability to use MediaInfo files as a surrogate for media files.
In addition to that, this release includes the following changes:
- Added built-in integration with ExifTool and MediaInfo for Windows version.
- Ability to change reports location.
In order to provide detailed examples and use cases, in addition to the MDQC User Guide, we have created a series of posts to introduce these new features. Our blog series "MDQC 0.4: What's New?" is available here:
- How-to #1: Narrowing scanning filters using base filenames in MDQC
- How-to #2: Using MediaInfo Files as Surrogates for Media Files
- How-to #3: Quick Guide to Exporting MediaInfo Files via GUI & CLI
MDQC 0.4 is available for Mac and Windows. Download links and related documentation can be found at the following URL: https://www.weareavp.com/products/mdqc/
We thank all MDQC users for your continued feedback and input and we invite you to stay tuned for more exciting updates in the near future. You can stay in the loop by joining the MDQC user group and you can contact us via Twitter @WeAreAVP or email firstname.lastname@example.org