AV Archives Night has become an evening of entertainment and awareness each year at the Society of American Archivists’ Annual Meeting. This year—our fourth—AVPreserve will again co-sponsor the evening with the Association of Moving Image Archivists.
The 2017 theme is social justice, with a special focus on civil rights and immigrant stories. This year, the screening will include oral histories, news footage, music, and other audiovisual content that:
a) spotlights social justice, and/or
b) celebrates recently digitized or acquired audio and visual collections with a local or regional focus made available by the hardworking archivists in the regions near the conference.
Mark you calendar!
AV Archives Night is scheduled for Thursday, July 27. It will take place at the Mission Theater and Brew Pub at 1624 N.W. Glisan in Portland.
Schedule of events
Doors open at 6pm. The schedule of events for the evening includes:
- (7pm) T-Kay | Archivist, DJ | http://dublab.com/labrat/labrat-t-kay/ | @tttkay
- (8pm) Annual AV Archives Night Screening, with over 16 submissions from archives across the US
- (9pm) Glass Plate Zero | the one-and-only all-Archivist band | @helrond, @rorasaurus, Heather Fox, & Gino Pasi
- (10pm) Coast2c (Gran Ritmos | Blankstairs) | Special Guest, honorary Archivist | https://soundcloud.com/coast2c | @coast2c
Organizations participating in the screening include:
- Alaska State Division of Libraries, Archives, and Museums
- Bay Area TV Archive at San Francisco State University
- Bay Area Video Coalition
- Center for Home Movies
- Oregon Historical Society
- Oregon State University Special Collections and Archives Research Center
- Pittsburgh Queer History Project
- Portland State University Library Special Collections & University Archives
- Seattle Municipal Archives
- Sub Pop Records
- University of North Texas Special Collections
- University of Washington Libraries
- University of Wisconsin–Madison Archives
- Vanport Mosaic
Questions can be directed to Amy Rudersdorf at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet to @avpreserve.