Join AVP for a free, interactive workshop designed to help you improve your users' digital asset management experience at 1 PM EST on November 9, 2021. During the workshop, AVP Director of Consulting Kara Van Malssen will lead participants through user-centered exercises that DAM program leaders can utilize to create a more useful search, browse, discovery, and usability experience. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Understand users' mental model of assets so that they can be organized and presented in meaningful ways
- Identify common search and browse terminology so that assets can be made findable in ways that match users' search behavior
- Identify what users want to know about assets so that they can be effectively used
The workshop activities will take one hour, and represent an abbreviated version of similar AVP DAM workshops. Following the workshop, there will be 30 minutes for Q&A with the AVP team and for networking with your DAM peers from different industries. This workshop will be (virtually) hands-on and interactive, so come prepared to participate. Space is limited to 20 participants and registration is not guaranteed but we will do our best to accommodate interest. Limit 2 people per organization, please register separately.
Here are some takeaways shared by past participants of this workshop:
"A simple but impactful phrase stood out: "Everyone searches alone."
“I thought the exercises were really smart in terms of gathering useful input in a way that's actually fun for the user.”
"Always keep the user perspective in mind when applying keywords.”
“There needs to be a balance between tags and metadata. They need to be useful for searching (descriptive) but also provide necessary information related to usage (technical, rights)."
“Search and access are separate kinds of DAM functions and have different metadata.”
“A good understanding of how to facilitate the exercises for our team.”
“That we need work with our users to understand tagging possibilities for our event images. At the moment the metadata is more focused on classification.”
Check out these other helpful digital asset management resources from AVP:
- To Build A Successful DAM Program, Adopt A Service Mindset
- Designing a User-driven DAM Experience, Part 1
- Getting to Success: A Scenario-driven Approach for Selecting, Implementing, and Deploying Digital Asset Management Systems
- AVP Tips to Manage Your DAM Expectations (Video)
- Change is hard. Rally around your vision.
We know what it takes to implement and launch a successful DAM. Our experts are always two steps ahead to ensure that surprises and oversights are eliminated, your DAM implementation meets your needs, your launch is smooth, and your users are delighted. We offer implementation packages or can create a tailored service based on your needs. Ready to talk about your project? Get in touch!